Spanish Springs Staff
Welcome to the new dynamic Spanish Springs Staff Database. Find a staff member by clicking on the first letter of their last name or select all to get a complete list of staff members.
OR Search by Department
Career & Technical
Staff & Other Education
SPANISH SPRINGS HIGH SCHOOL
Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013
1. FCCLA is doing their 4th annual Toy Drive. It ends today, December 3rd. All toys must be brand new, and collected in your ACA class. The ACA class that collects the most toys gets a pizza party. (Gach 11/12-12/3)
2. Food For Fines - The SSHS Library is offering our students a special opportunity to erase their overdue Library Book fines. For the next 5 weeks (up until Christmas) we will accept a can of food to equal a $2.00 increment towards paying off their fine. For example, if a student owes $3.40, we will accept 2 cans of food and erase their fine. (No, we don't give change.) The cans of food collected will be given to SSHS Leadership and FCCLA to co-ordinate with their current food drive. All cans of food collected will only go to those families in need within our school community. (Baird 11/25-12/19)
3. Driver Education classes are offered at Spanish Springs during the January intersession. The class is Monday-Thursday, January 6th - 9th from 8 am-3:30 pm. This class meets the 30 hour in the classroom requirement to receive a driver's license in Nevada for those under 18. The cost is $94. For more information or to register with a debit or credit card, call 829-9010. (Office 11/18-12/19)
4. Students: Are you interested in participating in the GATE internship program? Do you want to be placed in a professional workplace environment which will allow you to "try out" your chosen career field? The deadline for Spring semester applications is December 6th. For more information see Mrs. Taveira in the Career Center. (Taveira 11/25-12/5)
5. The Cougar Den will be closed in the mornings until December 16th. We will also be closed on all Wednesday's and Friday's until after the Winter Break. Sorry for the inconvenience. (Givani 11/25-12/14)
6. Seniors, the last chance for you to get your senior picture taken for the yearbook is tomorrow, Wednesday, December 4th. All seniors who have not been photographed will receive an appointment card before this date to take pictures in the Gym Foyer on December 4th. Please be sure to get your picture taken or you will not be in the 2014 yearbook! If you have not taken your picture this is the absolute last chance, no exceptions. (Marvin 11/26)
7. The SSHS Bowling Team is looking for new members. Go to room M10 or email Mrs. Schmidt for more information. (Schmidt 12/2-12/6)
8. Attention anyone interested in playing Softball this year: There will be a Player/Parent meeting tonight (Tuesday) at 6:00 pm in room 170 at SSHS. (Davidson 12/2-12/3)
9. There will be a Latinos Unidos meeting in room M-8 at lunch tomorrow (Wednesday). Lunch will be provided. (Arciniega 12/3)
10. Seniors: Panoramic Pictures will be taken on December 12th in the Big Gym during ACA. Please wear your Senior shirts! Report to your ACA class FIRST and then to the Big Gym. (Albee 12/3-12/11)
11. Come join the GSA Club. We meet every Wednesday in room 145 at lunch. (Nisbet 12/3-12/4)
12. There will be an FCCLA meeting tomorrow (Wednesday) at lunch in room 107. (Gach 12/3-12/4)
Please release the Varsity and JV Girls Basketball Teams at 12:45 today.
Please release the Rifle Team at 1:15 today.
to the top
1065 Eagle Canyon Dr. ||Sparks, NV 89441||Phone: (775)425-7733||Fax: (775)425-7735||
Website by: Gordon Barr, and Hardy Thrower|| Spanish Springs ©|2011|