Graduation 2015 Details here!!
SSHS Leadership Team Selfie
Check out our AP Art Student's Work!
See our entry into Katy Perry's Video Contest!!
Cougar Athletes on ESPN radio!! Click to hear
Earn College Credit with TMCC Tech Prep
All students will be prepared for productive post secondary options upon graduation
Students must be engaged in order to learn.
Students who participate in extra-curricular activities, sports, and clubs are more engaged in school.
Parents are essential partners in their children's education.
Classroom instruction must be differentiated in order to meet the needs of all learners.
The school structure must provide support for all learners.
Working together, we can prepare students for productive post-secondary options.
Success through Scholarship, Honor, and Spirit.
Th e "Roar"
View our school newspaper by clicking the image below; Don't miss the parent newsletter on the back page.
With one of the largest building floor plans in our school district, we are thrilled to have 14 science labs (6 biology, 2 chemistry, 1 physics and 5 general science rooms), 5 computer labs, an extraordinary vocational/occupational facility complete with an auto, welding, woodworking, and CAD drafting labs, a state of the art Business and "Company" center, a well designed and equipped culinary arts center and child development lab, an extensive Fine Arts wing which houses the visual arts, music, drama and publications programs with a 500 seat performing arts theatre, a well designed and highly functional library and career center, and a 3,000 seat regional gymnasium.
Schedules & Calendars
The "EVERYTHING" SSHS Calendar!
2014/2015 Balanced School Calendar
SPANISH SPRINGS HIGH SCHOOL
Wednesday, April 22, 2015
1. Attention Current AP Students. This week we will be completing pre-administration test forms during ACA to prepare for our upcoming exams. You will receive a notice the morning you are to attend with details about your appointment time and location. This is mandatory. Please report to the assigned room as soon as possible on the day and time of your appointment. (Brown 4/20-4/24)
2. Attention Next Year's AP Students. AP Night will be held today, Wednesday, April 22nd from 6:30-7:30 pm. Please attend with your parents. This is an opportunity to learn about AP Courses and meet your future AP teachers. You will be required to submit a signed contract that you can return at AP Night. (Brown 4/14-4/22)
3. The 2015-16 Athletic Clearance Forms are in. If you are planning on playing a sport next year, stop by the front office and pick one up or go to spanishspringshs.com to print it up yourself. Remember that you will not be cleared to participate in any sports until the completed clearance packet is turned in with the $75.00 fee and your physical form, if needed. (Sterett 4/20-4/24)
4. April 28th will be a special day of testing. All juniors will be taking the ACT exam (free of charge) and any Seniors who have not passed one or more of the proficiency tests will need to be here for retake exams. Testing will start at 8:00 am and students will be released upon completion of their tests to go home. Buses will be running on a normal school day schedule. Freshman, sophomores, and seniors who have passed all High School Proficiency Exams DO NOT NEED TO REPORT TO SCHOOL that day. (Cable 4/14-4/27)
5. Attention Seniors: Have you received an award/scholarship? If so, please see Mrs. Taveira ASAP. We are collecting information about awards/scholarships so that we may honor you at our Senior Awards Night in May. The cutoff date for this info is May 1st. (Taveira 4/15-5/1)
6. Students...do you need help fine tuning your reading/comprehension skills as well as increasing your reading speed? TMCC will be offering workshops this summer. See Mrs. Taveira in the Career Center. (Taveira 4/15-5/1)
7. Students: Are you interested in a career in Range Management? Do you want to learn more about Nevada's desert, mountain rangelands and other diverse ecosystems?? Stop by the College and Career Center to find out about a week long camp this summer near Austin, Nevada. (Taveira 4/15-4/30)
8. There will be a Parent University Class discussing Competitive College Applications among other topics today, Wednesday, April 22 at 6:00 pm here at SSHS in room 107. Childcare will be provided for young children (room 109) and an interpreter will be available for Spanish Speaking parents. Please see Mr. Nisbet in the counseling office for more information. (Nisbet 4/15-4/22)
9. All students interested in the health and medical field - HOSA will be meeting every Wednesday during lunch in room 135. Pick up a HOSA application in room 135 and make a positive change in our community. (Klonicke 4/16-4/22)
10. Attention all Girls interested in playing Tennis next fall - There will be a brief meeting in room 171 today, Wednesday, April 22 during lunch. We will be starting open courts on Tuesday's and Thursday's in May. (Rapp 4/16-4/21)
11. Junior Class, pre-order your senior sweats so you have them by the end of the year! Prices are $40 for both a sweatshirt and sweats or $25 a piece. Come order in main hall during lunch! (Kassebaum 4/20-5/15)
12. The following Clubs have meetings every Wednesday at lunch:
Anti-Bully Club in room 227 (Cohen);
Diabetes Awareness in room 207 (Carpenter);
FCCLA in room 107 (Gach);
French Club in room M1 (Dyess);
GSA in room 145 (Nisbet);
Latinos Unidos in room 202 (Valle).
13. Your last chance to pre-order Yearbooks is NOW! Yearbooks are on sale until Friday, May 1st for $90. Purchase in the front office with check/cash or through the webstore. Pre-purchasing is the ONLY way to be certain that you will receive a yearbook. Any leftover yearbooks will be sold in June for $100 cash only. (Marvin 4/21-5/1)
14. There will be a Spanish Club meeting today (Wed) in M-4. (Bartoo 4/21-4/22)
15. On Friday, April 24, we will be selling Hot Dogs and Polish Dogs next to the Career Center during both lunches. For a reasonable $3.50 you can buy a Hot Dog or Polish Dog, a bag of chips and a drink. (Calonico 4/22-4/24)
to the top
1065 Eagle Canyon Dr. ||Sparks, NV 89441||Phone: (775)425-7733||Fax: (775)425-7735||
Website by: Adv. Web Design Class: Gordon Barr and Hardy Thrower|| Spanish Springs