Graduation 2015 Details here!!
SSHS Leadership Team Selfie
Check out our AP Art Student's Work!
See our entry into Katy Perry's Video Contest!!
Cougar Athletes on ESPN radio!! Click to hear
Earn College Credit with TMCC Tech Prep
All students will be prepared for productive post secondary options upon graduation
Students must be engaged in order to learn.
Students who participate in extra-curricular activities, sports, and clubs are more engaged in school.
Parents are essential partners in their children's education.
Classroom instruction must be differentiated in order to meet the needs of all learners.
The school structure must provide support for all learners.
Working together, we can prepare students for productive post-secondary options.
Success through Scholarship, Honor, and Spirit.
Th e "Roar"
View our school newspaper by clicking the image below; Don't miss the parent newsletter on the back page.
With one of the largest building floor plans in our school district, we are thrilled to have 14 science labs (6 biology, 2 chemistry, 1 physics and 5 general science rooms), 5 computer labs, an extraordinary vocational/occupational facility complete with an auto, welding, woodworking, and CAD drafting labs, a state of the art Business and "Company" center, a well designed and equipped culinary arts center and child development lab, an extensive Fine Arts wing which houses the visual arts, music, drama and publications programs with a 500 seat performing arts theatre, a well designed and highly functional library and career center, and a 3,000 seat regional gymnasium.
Schedules & Calendars
The "EVERYTHING" SSHS Calendar!
2014/2015 Balanced School Calendar
SPANISH SPRINGS HIGH SCHOOL
Thursday, October 1, 2015
1. The PSAT will be offered at Spanish Springs High School Wednesday, October 14th. All sophomores will take the exam. Freshmen and juniors are eligible to pay to take the exam. The exam costs $14 and you may register online at the SSHS webstore: www.SpanishSpringshs.com, or with Ms. Alejos in the counseling office. You must pay the fee when you register. The last day to register for the PSAT is October 2nd. Please see your counselor if you have any questions. (Hamilton 9/14-10/2))
2. Seniors! Are you interested in a career as a Plumber or Pipefitter or Heating, Ventilation or AC? Local 350 is accepting applications for apprenticeships. Stop by the College and Career Center to get more info! (Taveira 9/25-10/20)
3. The Asian Culture Club will meet today, Thursday, October 1st at lunch in room 253. We will have a guest speaker from Sierra Nevada Anime Fans Unite to talk about SNAFU Con. Any interested students are welcome to attend. (Kwasna 9//28-10/1)
4. Are you looking for volunteer opportunities to build up your community service hours??? Check out the Discovery Museum Open House for volunteers on Monday, Oct. 5th from 4-7 pm. For more information see Mrs. Taveira. (Taveira 9/28-10/5)
5. Attention Seniors - Are you interested in attending TMCC? There is a TMCC Senior Night October 14th from 6:30-8:30 pm in the Sierra Building room 108 at the Dandini Campus. Information on the enrollment process for TMCC, scholarships and financial aid will be presented. Call 673-8236 with questions. (L Dreelan 9/30-10/9)
6. Students, if you got your picture taken on retake picture day your ID card is now ready to be picked up in the counseling office. Off-campus stickers are also in the counseling office. (Ramilo 9/30-10/2)
7. Cart decorating for Homecoming is tomorrow (Friday) after school in room 134. All class officers need to attend. Everyone is welcome. Please bring a set of lights for your cart. (Faker 9/30-10/2)
8. Seniors! Are you interested in attending Montana State University??? MSU will be hosting a Pizza Party at Round Table Pizza on S. Virginia in Reno on Sunday, October 11th at 6:30 pm. Stop in and get all your questions answered. For more information see Mrs. Taveira in the Career Center. (Taveira 10/1-10/9)
9. Freshmen - GET INVOLVED!! Our first class meeting is Thursday, October 8th at lunch in room 157. Freshman officers MUST attend and any other freshmen are welcome. Meet your advisors and let's brainstorm about Freshmen class activities. (L Dreelan 10/1-10/8)
CONGRATULATIONS to the Girls Tennis Team as they edged out McQueen in a double team tie breaker by 1 point! Way to go ladies! (Rapp 9/30-10/1)
CONGRATULATIONS to the Boys Cross Country Team of Josh Rodriguez, Daniel Horner, Andrew Ribeiro, and Hunter Beadell for their third place finish at the South Tahoe Relays and a big congratulations to Lauryn Massic, Justice Best, Alexis Melendrez, and Sierra Larason for the first place finish in the girl's race! (Beadell 10/1)
Please release the Freshmen Volleyball Team at 1:15 today.
Please release the Girls Tennis Team at 1:15 today, weather permitting.
Please release the Boys Tennis Team at 1:45 today, weather permitting.
to the top
1065 Eagle Canyon Dr. ||Sparks, NV 89441||Phone: (775)425-7733||Fax: (775)425-7735||
Website by: Adv. Web Design Class: Gordon Barr and Hardy Thrower|| Spanish Springs