SSHS Leadership Team Selfie
Check out our AP Art Student's Work!
See our entry into Katy Perry's Video Contest!!
Cougar Athletes on ESPN radio!! Click to hear
Earn College Credit with TMCC Tech Prep
All students will be prepared for productive post secondary options upon graduation
Students must be engaged in order to learn.
Students who participate in extra-curricular activities, sports, and clubs are more engaged in school.
Parents are essential partners in their children's education.
Classroom instruction must be differentiated in order to meet the needs of all learners.
The school structure must provide support for all learners.
Working together, we can prepare students for productive post-secondary options.
Success through Scholarship, Honor, and Spirit.
Th e "Roar"
View our school newspaper by clicking the image below; Don't miss the parent newsletter on the back page.
With one of the largest building floor plans in our school district, we are thrilled to have 14 science labs (6 biology, 2 chemistry, 1 physics and 5 general science rooms), 5 computer labs, an extraordinary vocational/occupational facility complete with an auto, welding, woodworking, and CAD drafting labs, a state of the art Business and "Company" center, a well designed and equipped culinary arts center and child development lab, an extensive Fine Arts wing which houses the visual arts, music, drama and publications programs with a 500 seat performing arts theatre, a well designed and highly functional library and career center, and a 3,000 seat regional gymnasium.
Schedules & Calendars
The "EVERYTHING" SSHS Calendar!
2014/2015 Balanced School Calendar
SPANISH SPRINGS HIGH SCHOOL
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
1. Senior Ads are now on sale for early bird prices. Order them while they are at a discounted price. Sale ends September 30th. (Marvin 9/3-9/29)
2. Seniors - make sure you have taken your senior formal, tux and drape, pictures for the yearbook. Call Prestige at 851-0444 to make an appointment. This must be done by October 14th or you will not be in the yearbook! Appointments fill up fast. Call TODAY! (Marvin 9/3-9/29)
3. Zaps test-preparation seminars are carefully designed to help each student do his or her personal best on the PSAT/SAT and ACT. Students who take the ZAPS seminar - and practice the strategies at home - typically experience score increases. Spanish Springs High School will host a PSAT/SAT seminar on Sunday, September 21st from 12:30 - 6:00pm in the Career Center. Stop by the counseling center for more information. Space is limited. (Hamilton 8/22-9/19)
4. The National Honor Society and Key Club have combined meetings every Wednesday at lunch in room 218. Stop by to hear about our exciting events, and to join a prestigious nationwide group. See you in room 218. (Kelley 9/9-10-8)
5. All sporting events are district sponsored events. School rules continue to apply. No alcohol, tobacco products or e-cigarettes. Please follow these rules or you will receive disciplinary consequences. (Molini 9/10-9/19)
6. Are you hungry? No worries! The Drama Club Bake Sale will be on September 16th, 17th and 18th. Come support the Theatre Department and enjoy some sweet treats! (Bogard 9/11-9/18)
7. Upward Bound Students - Your Oregon College Tour applications are due no later than Friday, September 19th. We will be touring the campuses of Portland State University, University of Oregon, and Western Oregon University. (Lau 9/12-9/19)
8. The PSAT will be offered at Spanish Springs High school Wednesday, October 15th. All sophomores will take the exam. Freshmen and Juniors are eligible to pay to take the exam. The exam costs $14 and you may register online at the SSHS webstore: www.SpanishSpringshs.com or with Mrs. Baird in the counseling office. You must pay the fee when you register. The last day to register for the PSAT is October 3rd. Please see your counselor if you have any questions. (Hamilton 9/12-10/3)
9. The Native American Diversity Club will meet on Wednesday September 17th in Mobile 2 during lunch. (Abbie 9/15-9/17)
10. The Asian Culture Club meets this week on Wednesday, September 17th at lunch in room 253. New members welcome! (Kwasna 9/15-9/17)
11. Latinos Unidos is a club focusing on the traditions and culture of Spanish speaking students. Meetings are held in room 202 with Mrs. Valle during lunch each Wednesday. Interested students from any ethnic are welcome to join. (Valle 9/15-9/17)
12. There will be an FCCLA meeting on Wednesday at lunch in room 107. Bring a friend. (Gach 9/15-9/17)
13. GSA meets during lunch on Wednesdays in room 145. 1st and 3rd Wednesday's are General meetings and 2nd and 4th Wednesday's are required meeting for officers and open to general membership. See you there. (Nisbet 9/15-9/17)
14. Students, please remember to pick up after yourselves at lunch. Let's keep our halls clean and our school a place we can be proud of. (Urmston 9/15-9/17)
15. Juniors & Seniors: Are you interested in attending the Massachusetts Institute of Technology - MIT? If so, MIT will be holding an informational meeting on Sunday, September 28th at Sage Ridge School at 2:00 pm. Stop by the College and Career Center for more details. (Taveira 9/15-9/25)
16. Seniors: Are you interested in attending an "Ivy League" College? Duke, Georgetown, Harvard, Penn and Stanford will be holding an informational session on Sunday, September 28 at 7:30 at the Reno Ballroom. Stop by the College and Career Center to get all the info. (Taveira 9/15-9/26)
to the top
1065 Eagle Canyon Dr. ||Sparks, NV 89441||Phone: (775)425-7733||Fax: (775)425-7735||
Website by: Adv. Web Design Class: Gordon Barr and Hardy Thrower|| Spanish Springs