SSHS Leadership Team Selfie
Check out our AP Art Student's Work!
See our entry into Katy Perry's Video Contest!!
Cougar Athletes on ESPN radio!! Click to hear
Earn College Credit with TMCC Tech Prep
All students will be prepared for productive post secondary options upon graduation
Students must be engaged in order to learn.
Students who participate in extra-curricular activities, sports, and clubs are more engaged in school.
Parents are essential partners in their children's education.
Classroom instruction must be differentiated in order to meet the needs of all learners.
The school structure must provide support for all learners.
Working together, we can prepare students for productive post-secondary options.
Success through Scholarship, Honor, and Spirit.
Th e "Roar"
View our school newspaper by clicking the image below; Don't miss the parent newsletter on the back page.
With one of the largest building floor plans in our school district, we are thrilled to have 14 science labs (6 biology, 2 chemistry, 1 physics and 5 general science rooms), 5 computer labs, an extraordinary vocational/occupational facility complete with an auto, welding, woodworking, and CAD drafting labs, a state of the art Business and "Company" center, a well designed and equipped culinary arts center and child development lab, an extensive Fine Arts wing which houses the visual arts, music, drama and publications programs with a 500 seat performing arts theatre, a well designed and highly functional library and career center, and a 3,000 seat regional gymnasium.
Schedules & Calendars
The "EVERYTHING" SSHS Calendar!
2014/2015 Balanced School Calendar
SPANISH SPRINGS HIGH SCHOOL
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
1. Students! Pacific Lutheran University will be in front of the College and Career Center today, Tuesday, October 28th. Stop by and get all your questions answered. (Taveira 10/16 -10/28)
2. The Fashion Institute of Design Merchandising will be in front of the College and Career Center today, Tuesday, October 28th. If you are interested in a career in Fashion Design and Merchandising, stop by and check it out. (Taveira 10/16-10/28)
3. Junior and Senior boys come to the small gym on November 2nd at 7 am to try out for the boys' volleyball team for the charity volleyball tournament against Reed. (Faker 10/16-10/30)
4. Do you have a special unique talent? Do you want to show the school what you got? Cougars Got Talent auditions are coming up on November 5th during lunch and the 12th during lunch and after school until 5:30 in room 141. Once we pick you we will have one rehearsal on December 3rd from 5:30-8:30. The show is on December 4th so come one and all to show us your talents! Also there is a prize for first place so bring your best talent! (Bogard 10/16-11/5)
5. The Diabetes Awareness Club will be meeting every Wednesday during lunch in room 207. Everyone is welcome. (Carpenter 10/23-10/29)
6. Jostens will be here on Wednesday and Thursday, October 29th & 30th accepting class ring and graduation orders. They will be in the main hallway during lunch until 2:30. Extra packets are located in the main office. (Office 10/23-10/30)
7. Listen up all Spanish Springs Students! Prom Committee is selling Beat Reed t-shirts at lunch all this week for only $10. Let's show some amazing school spirit against our rival. Again, if you missed that, MAKE SURE to buy your Beat Reed t-shirts at lunch this week for $10! You will be able to pick them up Wednesday after school the week of our home game against the Raiders. (Calonico 10/27-10/30)
8. Latinos Unidos meets every Wednesday at lunch in room 202. (Valle 10/27-10/29)
9. FCCLA meets in room 107 at lunch every Wednesday. (Gach 10/27-10/29)
10. GSA meets in room 145 every Wednesday at lunch. (Nisbet 10/27-10/29)
11. The French Club meets in room M1 at lunch every Wednesday. (10/27-10/29)
12. Students - Please remember to clean up after yourselves in the hallways. We want to take pride in our school. (Urmston 10/17-10/29)
13. No shopping at the "Cougar Den" during your ACA class. If you try, we will gladly take your money and call it a donation!! (Givani 10/28-10/30)
14. Trick or Treat in the Halls is going to have a spaghetti dinner put on by Family, Career & Community Leaders of America. Dinner will be available between 5pm-7pm tomorrow, Wednesday, October 29th during Trick or Treat in the Halls. If you would like one of the tickets before tomorrow we are preselling them in room 108 for $5.00 each. (Peters 10/28-10/29)
15. Students and Teachers, tomorrow, Wednesday, October 29th we will be on the alternative bell schedule. School will be from 8:00-2:30 with no early release. The schedule was changed because of a transportation conflict with the elementary schools that are getting released early. Please let your parents know that tomorrow school will go from 8:00-2:30. (Lewis 10/28)
Please release the Freshman Volleyball Team at 12:15 today.
to the top
1065 Eagle Canyon Dr. ||Sparks, NV 89441||Phone: (775)425-7733||Fax: (775)425-7735||
Website by: Adv. Web Design Class: Gordon Barr and Hardy Thrower|| Spanish Springs